Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Life Plan

Recently I have realized that my life has become stagnant. I achieved most everything that I always planned on in a timely fashion and I'm only 28. Undergrad, Grad school, good job that I enjoy. Now what? Seems that maybe I have fallen back into the pack. Five years ago I made a goals list. Since then, I have misplaced said list. The list contained a wide array of things from just learning a new dance style to being a father. I say all this because I think we all need to keep goals and resetting goals in our lives in order to avoid becoming stagnant.

So in the next few months I plan to evaluate where I am and what I would like to have accomplished in the next 5, 10, 15, 20 years. Some won't get done, or they will get pushed back, but I will have something to look back on when I feel there is room in my life for something new. I suggest to all to do the same thing. Even if you don't do it formally. Then revisit that list every year and adjust as life will throw you curve balls.

Examples for the types of things I would suggest to put on the list. Cooking, relationship, education, career, recreation, eating habits, working out, weight goals, travel, skills such as sewing, mechanic, or carpentry, reading, learn an instrument, start a business, volunteer, etc...

Life is so short and goes by so fast we can sometimes move past dreams. But you are never to old. Enjoy life and experience all the things you have ever wanted. Plan for them or whatever is necessary. Don't want to look back with shoulda coulda wouldas. I know I don't. I wish everyone happiness and success.

1 comment:

thoughtful said...

Be sure to plan...over prepare...then go with the flow ;-)

good luck...