Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Everyone should have the right to marry! But don't they?

Besides PETA, gays are the most outspoken group out there. And for me, just like PETA there cause goes unseen to me because they make too much noise. All the time you hear about gay marriage now and how gays should have the right to marry. Is everyone missing something? They do have the right. John can go marry Sarah, and Jill can marry Bob. Meaning, they can get married but they choose not to.

As far as I can tell, laws and rules must have some morals behind them. That is the only way a system can work. Otherwise, everything goes. So it goes with marriage. I'm not going to go on a faith based reasoning because government should be separate from religion. Scientifically, a male and female are need to procreate (not so much now with science and surrogate mothers). But there have to be some sort of boundaries. If you start allowing same sex marriages, then why not polygamy? Why not allow pedophiles to marry kids? Let people marry animals or other non-human things? It becomes a slippery slope. Hey, a lot of it sounds crazy, but a century ago what did people think about gay marriage?

Gays are people to. I understand that, and for the most part they don't bother me. The loud activists, flamboyant males, and the butch females do annoy me sometimes but so do plenty of straight people like PETA. But people have to follow laws that are based on morals. Pedophiles are people to. For me, not close to gays but not that far away either. I don't want either living next to me and my kids so I have to explain things to them before they should have to think about it.

Eventually, same sex marriage will become legal. It is the "In" thing these days. I wish like a fad it would go away but like roaches, this movement is hard to kill. Why they can't be happy, I don't know. Gay is not a gender or race. It is some created group. And just like any other group in this country there are certain things you just can't do. Teenagers can't drink. Obese people can't competitively cheer. Gays can't get married. Let's move on!

No comments: