Monday, July 27, 2009

Father

Fathers day has come on gone. I had probably what was the longest conversation with my father in my life. He is a good man, just wasn't a good father. There are a lot of men out there that aren't good fathers. Some are just boys themselves and really don't know how to be a father. If you know a good father out there, have one, or one is the father of your child please show your appreciation. Mothers do a wonderful job as mothers, especially in the black community. Without black women who knows where we would be. So when you have a good black man, pump him up and laud him for the things he does. I only wish that I could have had that in my life. Men around me that are active in their childrens lives is so admirable to me. I say thank you to all the good fathers out there. Good fathers along with good mothers will make a better society in the end.

1 comment:

ree said...

Although I hate to agree on your statement about the black community, it is true. There are so many black males that bail out on their children and leave the mother to do both jobs. I did not have the greatest relationship with my father but he is still my faher. I look at all the mistakes and blame them on age the fact that my father did not have a father in his life at all. He and my mother was married at 18 yrs old and they had their ups and downs. I could not possible think that at age 18 I would have wanted to be a housewife like my mother and I dont know any 18yr old guy thats mature enough to be the head of house hold. We are all human and have made mistakes so you just have to forgive them and move on. I now have a great relationship with my father. I had to do a little reaching out and keeping in touch to bring us closer but it is all worth it to be able to have that relationship. It is not good to live in the past and keep a grudge.

To all the men out there that are doing a good job of being a father my hats of to you. Every child needs a loving mother and father to help shape their lives. It also helps as an example for their family when that get older. I know there are men out there that are stepping up to the plate and they dont get much acknowledgement. But really the only acknowledgement that maters is their children happy faces.

It's sad to say but it is always a shock to see a man fight to have his child or spend so much time with his child because of the experience we and most of our friends has had. I believe in the good of people and most men want to be a part of their children lifes but because they didnt have a father figure in their lives, they dont know how to be a good father. The best advise to them would be to just think back when they were children and all the things that they wanted their fathers there for. Think about the times they were mad at their fathers for not showing up, or not being there(home) at all,this should be easy.For the most part kids just want there father to be there, thats not hard at all.