Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Back to the Bathroom

I believe I spoke on this topic once before, but damn if it hasn't gotten to me again. I believe the people at the place I work don't really want to save money on the toilet paper and napkins, but really want to make sure they get their money's worth out of the janitors. On top of the one ply toilet paper that tears and ends up on the floor, they have now replaced our nice paper towels with cheap knock offs. Have you ever balled up a piece of notebook paper repeatedly? Do you remember what that feels like? Well that is our paper towels. Now I wouldn't mind too much, but if your hands are wet at all (dry sometimes as well), the damn things just tear. You pull little piece by little piece that end up floating to the floor until you get enough of a chunk out that you can get the rest of the paper towel. This ultimately leads to you using more paper towels. So, I can only come to the conclusion that they want the janitors to be busy. I knew that girl doing all that singing in the halls while mopping would backfire!

Now, I thought that nastiness of the public restroom was a man thing until an intoxicated conversation I had a while back with a woman who felt my pain. She worked for a janitor service overseeing the cleaning of restrooms or something like that (I was intoxicated remember). Anyways, she says women are nasty to. Getting pis on the seat, not flushing, toilet paper on the ground, etc... This makes me feel a little better, but then makes me look at the women walking around different. I thought women were clean, especially down in that area. Kind of scares me about who I might have been talking to over the years.

Last thing. The flushing. Do people not flush by habit? It takes no time to use your fist or foot to flush the toilet. I mean, you have to do this at home all the time. Why not at work or wherever? Just nasty. The dummies at my job. We have those nice automatic flush gadgets in the urinals. So nice and sanitary. Wrong. We got the models that don't have the mechanical back up push in case the flush doesn't work. And guess what? The damn things hardly ever work now. What does that mean? Pis just marinating around in the urinal and leaving its intoxicating aroma all around the bathroom. How dumb can you be to buy the ones that you can't even flush if you want to? Bad planning maybe, but go back and fix the problem!

Sorry for the toilet talk, but as you can see it really irks me.

1 comment:

ree said...

ok, really... Im gonna need you to take your own toilet paper to work. LOL!!!