Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hit a woman? I'm just saying, I understand.

In light of all the Chris Brown, Rihanna talk out there, this seems like a good time to express my views on the topic of hitting a woman. Beating a woman in no situation is okay. Hitting a woman on the other hand... Well I don't condone this but at the same time in some instances when a man is provoked, I understand. I personally have never hit a woman and hope that I never do. I've witnessed abuse and know of some who have been abused and it is sickening to me. Makes me want to go open up a can on someone. After I read what allegedly happened to Rihanna, if Chris Brown would have seen me it would have been on and poppin'.

But today women want to be equal and independent. Cool. So this same train of thought should apply to a wide variety of areas. I feel like this. If your ass wants to take on the role of a man and act like a man by putting your hands on a man with punches (or however).... If he halls off and pops you one good time... I understand. Being a woman gives you no more right to put your hands on someone in a violent manner. I say a man should grab your ass or give you a good shake before hitting you, but if he takes another route... It is not like a man can call the cops. He shouldn't have to. That isn't manly. Cops would laugh at your ass. You could end up like this cat though: http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Cops-Buccaneers-linebacker-stabbed-by-girlfriend/Ft4FBJk8e0icMRySZ3KRfw.cspx (if you don't go to the link, basically this man was stabbed with scissors in the head and then stabbed with a knife in the neck) He could have died. Now after she stabbed him in the head, maybe she needed a good punch to calm her ass down. Don't know what I would have done but it would take a lot for you to get a second chance to stab me.

I'm just saying that women need to conscious of their actions as well. No one should be putting their hands on anyone else. If ya'll get to that point then you need to walk away till you are calm enough to talk things out. If you can't do that and your relationship has physical altercations then that relationship needs to end. And please don't get it twisted, I am not for hitting a woman. I pray that I never will.

3 comments:

ree said...

Reading the article you included in your blog just seems to me that this is a relationship that is already a violent one. Who does that? She was out of control. However your approval of a man hitting a woman every once in a while for any reason is shocking to me. Don't you have a mother,sister,niece? If a man put his hand on anyone one of them, would you listen to him trying to rationalize his action? I think not. Okay, if your girlfriend hits you to the point you feel its abuse than your best bet IS to call the police or just put her out,walk away and move on. If you put your hands on a woman, not only are the cops going to laugh when they arrest you but I think the woman would have the last laugh as well. Simply let her go,once the man crosses the line by punching, choking,shaking her "one good time" he has opened the door for him to be in a world of trouble: jail, court dates, how about just the thought of having that on your record. I know when you quickly think about it, it doesnt seem like it would change your life too much but Just think if you were on a date and your date asked you if you ever been to jail? and what for? How would you explain that? Really how manly is that? There is no reason for a man nor a woman to hit each other nothing justifies it either make them get help or leave them alone. "Shake them one good time", that is not funny, you are wrong for that.

Mistress said...

Response to: Thursday, March 12, 2009 "Hit a woman? I'm just saying, I understand."

Ree has a point. And since you are not a woman that has been abused, you will never understand. It is not that simple to walk away. Most men damage the woman mentally before it even gets physical and some women arrive damaged from other men or childhood. So sometimes by the time it does get physical, he has warped her mind into making her think it's her fault. This happens more than people think and even to the so called "beautiful" women who did not provoke it. No one should put there hands on anybody...but can you honestly say that a punch or slap from your muscular arms would be the same as one from a woman? I've felt both and I can guarantee you it's not. I feel your comedy in the message and I'm sure you wanted to lighten up a serious topic. But I doubt any woman who has been there will see the humor. But I always try to find humor and laugh in a tough situation as therapy.

To the women who have been there...keep your head up. God watches over us all. And one day, I have to believe, every good woman will find a good man who does not take his temper, alcohol abuse,childhood abuse,bad day, or insecurities out on a woman's body or her mind.

Jewel's Seed said...

I stand by every word. I never condone any physical behavior from either party. I still get the impression from the comments that it is understandable or more acceptable when a woman puts her hands on a man and it should just be taken by him. Wrong attitude IMO. Same standards for everyone. I feel the same way if it involves my family and friends that are women. Goes for everyone. And if my family goes back to this person after this then what can I really do?