Monday, December 8, 2008

One drop and you Black

Just some quick thoughts I had today. In this country if you are part black, you are black. You aren’t white, Korean, Chinese, etc… You are black. Prime example: Obama. A multiracial man who in fact was raised by whites yet he is considered black. Hell, his dad really isn’t black. He is African. But like the title says, one drop of some dark and you become black.

Why is this? And why do multiracial people seem to go along with it? I mean how can you just dismiss one half of you if in fact this is done? And why do blacks just accept it? I guess there is nothing to accept but it is odd to me how you are only white if you are pure, but black is any old mixture of things. Like the throwaways. Just give blacks everyone. Are we some kind of disease or something? Oh I know, our genes are so strong that our offspring are more like us than whatever nationality has been mixed with us. And hell if they have a drop and are doing well we are so desperate for good role models that we just have to try and embrace them. Don’t be mad if Tiger wants to claim all that makes him who he is rather than just say he is black.

Another thing. I have befriended some Africans and Jamaicans who are pretty much considered black. They really aren’t the same at all culturally. The Africans seem to congregate together in groups. So did the Jamaicans. If I go to Africa or Jamaica do you think they will call me African or Jamaican? I am an American. Want to be more specific, call me a Black American. This country was built on my ancestors backs so give me full citizenship. I don’t need no damn hyphens (African-American). I just get sick of this African American term. Ain't shit about me African! (Yeah, that was real ignant!) No more at least than Susan or Tom. Whites in South Africa got more African culture than I do. But we steady try to strive and rekindle those ties. Good for ya’ll, I’m straight.

No comments: