Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Stop the VOTE!!

The right to vote is something we should all cherish because so much has been done for every American to have he opporunity to vote. I am all for every American voting. What I get tired of is the get out to vote stuff. We are all taught in school that we have the right to vote and should register when we come of age. Beyond that, if you don't care enough to go out and vote, then fine. The idea that the vote of an uniformed uniterested voter counts the same as someone who has gone out and informed themselves and is really into the voting process bothers me. I look at it like this: If you need to be told/begged to go vote, then you really don't care in the first place. Someone who is interested in voting doesn't need a get out to vote campaign. Stop polluting the system with those who truly don't care. I'd rather have concerned citizens voting for those who will hold public office and initiate policies that will affect my life. So going out and getting bums/homeless people to vote with your name and picture everywhere is crap. Really, who are they going to vote for? I guess that is a good reason though. By any means necessary to win I right?

If a person wants to vote and needs a ride I would be the first one to take them there. But you shouldn't have to be asked, pushed, begged, bugged, etc... to vote. Leave the voting to those who want to vote.

No comments: